Arc is ramping up for new projects in 2013. Apply at the website in the careers section. Currently seeking Production Engineers with experience in Python scripting and Software Developers with experience in C++ coding and animation development.
Arc Productions in Toronto seeks a seasoned matte painter to work on a very cool movie due to be released later this year. Ideal candidate would be in the GTA or at bare minimum able to work anywhere in Canada without a visa (timing is tight).
Any interested people can apply at www.arcproductions.com in the careers/jobs tab.
CrowdWave® is one of the most exciting gaming companies to emerge in the mass-participation gaming space. With an impressive customer base, CrowdWave’s interactive entertainment system has been played by over 6,000,000 fans of pro and collegiate sports. With is patent pending Vision Interactive software, crowds in stadiums and arenas engage with each other to compete, vote, cooperate and control graphics on arena or stadium video screens.
Poised to double its presence in the coming season through firm commitments with the NFL, NHL and NBA teams, CrowdWave is aggressively ramping up its high quality design, development and sales teams in the Toronto and Ottawa area. This is a tremendous opportunity for gaming artists, animators and developers to flex their creative and technical muscles with intense graphics and rich, 3D content that pushes Flash to the limit. We are looking for top talent to join our creative team who are seeking the challenge of creating and delivering premium content in video entertainment for a leading edge platform.
We are currently seeking a driven Motion Graphics Artist to join a team of talented artists in making highly engaging interactive games.
Motion Graphics Artist
The Motion Graphics Artist will be a guru of 2.5 D design, responsible for working from technical documents, wireframes and pre production assets in the creation of relevant game assets for multiple projects. Under guidance from the Art Director & Lead Designer, the Motion Graphics Artist will contribute to the creation of pre-production assets, work alongside the Interactive Designer in creating all relevant in game animated sequences, and assist in creating relevant in game art assets, while also maintaining the quality and consistency of direction for all CrowdWave games.
- Report to the Lead Designer as part of the game development team, working with the Interactive Designer in the creation of final in game animated sequences & assets
- Work with the Art Director and the pre production staff to complete animatics and related pre production materials
- Translate pre production assets into complete, fully integrated video sequences, including animated text, graphics, characters and special effects, that meet style and quality standards as set by the Art Director
- Produce as required static and motion assets destined for in game Flash integration, while working within the parameters communicated by the Lead Designer
- Work within established design parameters for sponsor branding of all CrowdWave game products
- Work closely with programmers to ensure smooth integration of all relevant game assets, while addressing all related functionality concerns
- Work effectively from wireframes and technical documentation in creating relevant game assets, animated sequences, and final video renders
- Meet project deadlines / milestones as set by the studio production management staff, while working on multiple game development projects at one time
- Appropriately manage time and tasks around issues inherent with the downtime due to rendering
- Support various design efforts for company related projects
- Minimum 3 years motion graphics experience, within the realm of casual games, advertising or broadcast
- Degree in Multimedia Design, Graphic Design or other related graphic arts degree
- Demonstrate expert level with After Effects in a motion graphics capacity
- Familiarity with all aspects of motion graphics, including roto, keying, tracking and compositing
- Proven technical understanding of aspect ratios, title/image safe, codecs, file formats and plug-ins
- Advanced knowledge of Flash as a motion graphics tool
- Familiarity with Cinema 4D and After Effects integration
- Familiarity with the full range of Adobe Creative suite products (including Photoshop, Illustrator, and Adobe Premier)
- Experience in the creation of full animatics from storyboards for the broadcast or video game markets
- Outstanding demo reel, demonstrating excellence in animation and narrative aesthetic including game or broadcast relevant samples
- Demonstrated experience working on multiple projects, priorities and deadlines
- Advanced digital design skills, with a solid understanding of composition & colour theory, text placement, lighting and visual flow
- An excellent sense of animation and timing, tempo and pacing
- Ability to work with multiple concepts or approaches for a given project, and to adjust visual production styles as required
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated ability to properly evaluate and manage workflow & timelines related to After Effects productions
- An independent and versatile worker, thorough and organized, with strong attention to detail
- A great sense of aesthetics, preferably with the visual language of video games
- A great understanding of design, and a flare for dynamic compositions that communicates clearly
- Experience in character animation or 3D production an asset
Interested applicants are invited to apply by submitting applications to email@example.com
The Post Production Coordinator reports to the Post Production Supervisor. The Coordinator works closely with production staff on various projects to ensure schedules are maintained and updated in a timely manner. Securing time and scheduling post production audio and video sessions with various facilities. Ensuring that material for sessions is ready and delivered on time. Attending sessions as needed to facilitate taking notes or act as a liaison for non supervised sessions. Assist in general day to day operations of the department as needed.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
– Working closely with the Post Production Supervisor and Production Team by attending and coordinating meetings
– Ensuring the smooth flow between the editorial department and post production
– Coordinate the production and delivery of elements
– Schedule post production and sound sessions
– Liaise between post production supervisor and external facilities
– Work with producers to ensure schedules are updated as needed
– Scheduling and coordinating ADR sessions if needed
– Managing the administration of the department
– Organizing final post production related documents
– Coordinating the final wrap of video and audio masters and offline editorial materials
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
– Excellent communication and organizational skills?
– The candidate should be proactive and have excellent follow-through on completing tasks
– Working knowledge of Windows based computer systems and software, including MS Office
– Ability to work overtime as needed
– An understanding of the post production workflow (either film or television)
– Understanding of media formats, codes etc.
GO HERE TO APPLY: http://www.arcproductions.com/careers